Amazon.com MP3 Downloads
Sep 26, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #16 of 24
Hallelujah!!!

This is just awesome. Legal music purchasing that works with all my devices. I love AAC as much as the next guy but you can't beat MP3 for portability to different devices

I beg people to support this service. If this takes off, there will be serious ammo to push Warner and Sony into making their artists available as well.

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #18 of 24
Yep, I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs spilled some of that Starbucks coffee on his lap when he read about this going up. Amazon selling DRM-free albums/songs cheaper than iTunes (let alone iTunes plus)? Sign me up! I'm personally impressed by the catalog of music they have up there already, it far exceeded my expectations.

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #19 of 24
I bought a track last night with no problems (other than my 1/2 hour download at dial-up speeds
frown.gif
)

It shows up as 256 VBR and plays fine on my computer (haven't tried it on my H140 rig yet with headphones). It even has a high res album art.

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #21 of 24
I think this is great. Now I have another source for music besides Emusic. I just DL an album and it's importing the songs directly into iTunes for me.

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #22 of 24
Apple is going to have a huge hit because of this. Apple already knew that DRM free, high bit rate music is the way to go but they're just damn too slow on working out with the record companies over that obvious matter.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #23 of 24
This is amazing. I'm not sure that it's going to get me to kill off my Zune pass subscription, but if I ever end up buying music online in the future, Amazon is where I'll go.

Huge kudos to them!
600smile.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #24 of 24
i got Animals for $7.71. downloads start instantly once you have their downloader, and they are fairly fast, and the quality is good. and no DRM! YAY! their MP3 business model essentially kills any chance that i would shop elsewhere for my digital music. if they don't have a decent CD offer, then this MP3 is really great and more expedient than snail mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back