Amazon.co.uk and EC shipping
Jan 5, 2009 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

japc

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone knows why amazon.co.uk only ships electronics and even electronics related items (backpacks, cases) to UK?

I was browsing the site and with the pound as it is compared to the euro it was a temptation to buy something but ... just can't (bad for the sellers also i think).

I can't figure a reason for that uk-only politic, anyone willing to shed a light on it?

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 6
It's the same with Amazon US. I've never been able to order any electronics from there because of the 'delivery restrictions'. I think each and every Amazon has the same delivery policy for electronics when you try and order direct, ie; not through the marketplace.

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 6
I have ordered stuff from Amazon.com in the past and had it delivered to the UK without even needing a new account. But when i looked recently it wouldn't let anything out the country so they might have changed their T&C's.

Some companies won't let their stuff be shipped out the country it is bought in, like Grado, which is perfectly understandable. So it might just be that.

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have ordered stuff from Amazon.com in the past and had it delivered to the UK without even needing a new account. But when i looked recently it wouldn't let anything out the country so they might have changed their T&C's.

Some companies won't let their stuff be shipped out the country it is bought in, like Grado, which is perfectly understandable. So it might just be that.

Don't think so, that is "imposed" to all the articles on certain categories it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back