AMAZING Shure customer service
Oct 17, 2006 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

4metta

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if anybody else has had bad luck with their e500s but I take the cake. For one...I was apparently over zealous in my cleaning of earwax from the nozzle that I plucked out one of the sound dampeners in there.I pushed it back in but was worried about if I broke that right earpiece. I called Shure and spoke to John Born to ask him if they would work fine after what happened and he said he was more concerned about it coming loose again in the future inside my ear canal and to please send them to him so he can fix them. I panicked since I was about to go on a trip out of town and would die if I had to fly without them. He fixed them up and overnighted them to me so I could travel in quiet comfort to my surroundings.

THEN...apparently all that moving around in the gym loosened up one of the wires. My left earpiece went out two days after I came back in town!! I'm quite sure the weight of the male/female jack connection didn't help much and it surely would have been relieved by using the clip that comes attached to the PTH device to clip it to your shirt but wait----I broke that in two days just trying to put it on the cable!!
redface.gif
plainface.gif

So today I call John again to tell him of my dead left earpiece dreading the thought of having to go to the gym using cheap earbuds that provide no isolation whatsoever in such a noisy environment...he said that I wouldn't have to wait long becuase he is sending me a BRAND NEW box of e500s FEDEX with a packing slip to send my old ones free of charge!
eek.gif
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif

Is anybody amazed by this? This guy deserves a raise and Shure is definitely a top notch company with their customer service!!

Oct 17, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 16
Yeah I broke my E3Cs in the gym too.

Contacted Shure and they told me to send them in no questions asked (not even a proof of purchase).

I sent them in on a monday and had a brand new pair on thursday
basshead.gif

Oct 17, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 16
Whats the easiest way to contact Shure if you're in Australia? I'm not sure what my chances are of gettinga replacement pair of E2Gs since I don't have a receipt cause it was a gift, and I kramer modded them.

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 16
Received my replacements today in the morning. I forgot to mention I spoke to John yesterday at around 3pm his time. Amazing...

Oct 18, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta
Is anybody amazed by this? This guy deserves a raise and Shure is definitely a top notch company with their customer service!!

This is why both my company and I both buy Shure; they're the ones with the most amazing customer service post counts
biggrin.gif

Shure + Amazing Customer Service
Love Shure Cust. Service
Great service from Shure.
Excellent customer service from Shure
WOW Shure has great service!
SHURE has great customer service!
Great Shure Service
Shure service -- Repaired E2 quickly

Oct 18, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #9 of 16
not just in states..

in Hongkong either...

My e500 right wire was torn apart in the morning and they gave me the new one immediately on that day

thanks to Shure official dealer here in HK

Oct 18, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by CooLBieRe
not just in states..

in Hongkong either...

My e500 right wire was torn apart in the morning and they gave me the new one immediately on that day

thanks to Shure official dealer here in HK

Goodness! How did the right wire get torn apart?

Oct 18, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #11 of 16
Maybe he works out in the same gym chain I do?

tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #12 of 16
shure customer service is great. my first pair of e2c developed an intermittent connection on the right side. they sent me a new pair, including case, right away before i could send my damaged pair to them.

Oct 18, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 16
I have to agree 100% with everyone here. I sent my one-week-old E500's in for warranty repair (left bud was acting up). They received them Monday and I got a brand new, replacement pair, new in box, today. Fantastic!
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldspice
I have to agree 100% with everyone here. I sent my one-week-old E500's in for warranty repair (left bud was acting up). They received them Monday and I got a brand new, replacement pair, new in box, today. Fantastic!
biggrin.gif

Reading your Sig. Wow, you have a strong commitment to IEM's.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by texasproglicious
Reading your Sig. Wow, you have a strong commitment to IEM's.

I guess I do! I like the isolation and the feeling of the music being right inside your head. Plus, IEM's don't mess up my hair like full-sized cans do!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back