Xeno7651

500+ Head-Fier
Check out this AMAZING card trick:

http://music.sympatico.ca/media2/cards.html

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 11
Hmm...can anyone else figure out how it works? The first time I saw something like this, I was impressed, but after a while you start to realize tat something fishy's going on....

Apr 29, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 11
they switch the cards on you, if you really pay attention you'll figure it out, it's an oldie but a goodie!

dont think im smart or anything, my brother had to tell me the solution to it.

on the other hand, i am smart, what am i talking about?

Apr 29, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 11
Wow I was pretty amazed at first and then I tried to figure it out...those lil' devils...none of the 6 cards you choose from are even in the pack of 5 that you see after the whole thing is over!!

Nice trick though, ill have to pull that on someone...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 11
It's a pretty cool trick. After two plays, I figured they can't be this GOOD and realized they switched all the cards. If you try two or three cards at a time and say it to the spiral, it still works, that's when it gets obvious.

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #9 of 11
This is not such a good version of the trick. The one I first saw switched all the cards all the time instead of playing with the same two combinations over and over again (or was that just a coincident because I only tried this one twice?).
The first time you're amazed because you're not paying attention to what happens because they make you pay attention to just a single card. But when you do start to pay attention to the trick you figure it out pretty fast.

Apr 29, 2004 at 10:19 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
This is not such a good version of the trick. The one I first saw switched all the cards all the time instead of playing with the same two combinations over and over again (or was that just a coincident because I only tried this one twice?).

Yep. This is exactly why you should *never* repeat a good magic trick unless it lends itself to repeating.
smily_headphones1.gif
This one in particular was a dead giveaway.

--Chris

Apr 30, 2004 at 10:58 AM Post #11 of 11
Old theme, new application. Easy enough to figure out, even without a photographic memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back