Amazed by HRT Music streamer upgrade(Pseudo Review)
Jul 17, 2011 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hrbballman

Head-Fier
I purchased the HRT music streamer I+ used about a year ago.  It was a definite upgrade from my computer sound card but even then I was never really very satisfied with the sound it put out.  after hearing rave reviews about the II+ I became very interested in getting one however I didn't want to dish out 350 since I had just purchased the I+.  On a whim I contacted HRT to find out if there was an upgrade program.  To my surprise for $150 the I+ can be upgraded to the II+.  I quickly sent my I+ in and a week later I received the II+. I am so amazed by how much better the II+ sounds.  The I+ always sounded flat and never made anything really shine.  The I+ was neutral in a bad way almost monotone sounding.  The I+ seemed to remove depth from lots of my music.  Now that I have the II+ my music library seems completely different.  It makes the music sound more life-like and real.  The depth that the I+ didn't show is back.  both the highs and lows are very crisp and the lows are rarely muddy.  On a side note, I also like how the II+ has indicator lights for what is running through the DAC(not that this matters at all).  I would suggest this upgrade for anyone with the music streamer I+.  The sound from the II+ is literally worlds different.  My set up is as follows: laptop -> MSII+ ->  Little Dot MKIII -> DT770 pro 80 or DT880 600 ohm or pioneer monitor 10 or Yamaha yhd-2 or Audio technica ATH M50.  The YHD2 sound the best with my setup with the dt880's in close second.  I also ran the dac Through the little dot and into my receiver(Yamaha natural sound R90) into A/D/S CM6.  The II+ sounded even better coming out of my loud speakers compared to what the I+ gave.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back