Amarra & Qobuz: my very first thread
Nov 16, 2021 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slexan

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
happy to be here for my first post.

AMARA LUXE
how many people here use Amarra Luxe 4.x?
I have been using Amarra for a decade, in its various versions (Mac only), and have never had any doubts about its sound quality.
Apart from the countless bugs, Amarra Luxe still sounds solid and better than Audirvana 3.5 or others in my audio chain and that's enough for me. Occasionally I launch Audirvana or download and try the latest new hit among music players but after a couple of songs I go back to Amarra saying to myself: "I tried... but this app deserve the trash can!"

THE TOPIC Q
If you have a Qobuz account, have you noticed that scrolling in Qobuz Discover is awkward and many albums of Qobuz Playlists –I mean the same album with the same sound quality & features– are sometimes listed twice?
Quite boring!

AFTERWORD
IMHO Amarra 4.x (same fate as Audirvana with vs 3.5) has been a leap in the dark as far as GUI, UX and setup is concerned!

Happy Music everyone!

Stefano

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 5
Yes I have recently started using Amarra Luxe on my Mac book for Qobuz, really enjoying the sound. Main issue I am having is the clipping at the start of most songs (presumably a buffering/streaming issue), do you experience the same, do you know any solution for this?
Keen to know what settings you use as well for optimal sound quality. I initially enjoyed playing around with the EQ settings but am now listening more with the music “untouched” in Bypass mode to give a clean smoother sound. I notice when switching off Bypass mode and without selecting any specific processing option there is still a change in the sound, which suggests the Amarra sound engine is applying some kind of change to the music / maybe a default EQ?

Jun 12, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 5
The same here. Amarra Luxe sound is unbeatable! However, the UI is not there. I usually go to qobuz to find an album, favourite it there and then back to Amarra to play it. I’m trying to find a solution for this. I usually give up after a while and start playing the music in the qobuz app itself. I really wanted to use the qobuz or Apple Music app to browse the catalogue but play the music through the amarra driver. So, my question is: have any of you tried the Amarra sQ+? How does it sound? I guess it will lack in timing as it will be using the original player’s clock, right?
Thanks.

Jun 18, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Yes I have recently started using Amarra Luxe on my Mac book for Qobuz, really enjoying the sound. Main issue I am having is the clipping at the start of most songs (presumably a buffering/streaming issue), do you experience the same, do you know any solution for this?
Keen to know what settings you use as well for optimal sound quality. I initially enjoyed playing around with the EQ settings but am now listening more with the music “untouched” in Bypass mode to give a clean smoother sound. I notice when switching off Bypass mode and without selecting any specific processing option there is still a change in the sound, which suggests the Amarra sound engine is applying some kind of change to the music / maybe a default EQ?
Yes, I have the same experience with the clipping sound, but it's only for the start of the first track in a playlist. I'm using DSP bypass with upsampling disabled; this setup sounded the most natural to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back