Amarra No Sound - Please Help!
Jan 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dsp0704

Head-Fier
I'm really confused.. first of all, I am new to Mac OS X and Amarra so please could someone explain to me like I'm a child.

I have NuForce Icon HDP connected USB to MacBook Air 13" (2011). Under Audio Midi settings, I chose HDP as "output device (speaker icon)" and Internal Speakers as "alerts & sounds (happy Mac icon)." Under HDP, I chose 24/96. Under System Pref>Sound I looked around but nothing to change (HDP is recognized by Mac) so I left as is. I think these settings are good?

I tried playing a song through Amarra but the sound comes from built in speakers. However, I tried playing a video from Youtube, movie player x and they both output through headphone. So I believe there is a setting I missed in Amarra, but don't know what. Please help how to fix this.

Also second question, I was confused when using Amarra, when it is open, it opens iTunes. When I playback, it seems to take from iTunes. In the Amarra player, there is a button that says Amarra. Click it and it turns blue. But I don't know how to play songs on that setting. If I try to play a song from playlist from finder, it turns off as if I am not using the app. Am I using it right? Is there a way I can use this app only (without the assistance of iTunes)?

Thank you guys and Happy New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back