Amarra 3.0
Oct 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #46 of 121
Amarra 3.02 is sounding great, especially when using cache play mode. Really enjoying it. It seems to give a nice analog type sound, even more so than the prior version I had, which was already the best one I had tried before. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #48 of 121
Amarra 3.0.2 (4552) has been sounding great to me, only slight problems with startup locking. Once running, I'm very pleased, even displacing Audirvana+. I have also been using Amarra sQ by setting 3.0.2 input and output to SonicStream, then setting Amarra sQ to input SonicStream and output to my DAC (FiiO E17). I find very little distortion but great control over EQ, allowing me to "warm-up" the AKG Q701's driven by an E09K. The Amarra sQ UI is great to work with. Anyone else experimenting with combining 3.0.2 with sQ?

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #49 of 121
My only issue so far is that Amarra never remembers my DAC so I have to go to preference and rescan each time to manually set it. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #50 of 121
I preferred Audirvana+, but with Amarra 3.0 (3.3) my first player again is AMARRA ! The sound is full, wonderful and at the same time transparent. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #51 of 121
Well i upgraded to 3.02 finally from around 2.5 - What a difference. Only issue is that my laptop is running very hot. Only had it up for a few hours but every time i use it my laptop fan is straining and the laptop is burning up. It is the only program on and the older Amarra didn't do it, except long ago before upgrading to Mountain Lion. Maybe i have to jump up to Yosemite, i just hate changing operating systems.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #52 of 121
I doubt it is an O/S problem. I have used Amarra 3.02 on Yosemite Beta and Mountain Lion ... it was a bit of a resource hog on both of them - FAR worse so than 2.6 was (although even that is sluggish compared to most other programs).

Dec 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #53 of 121
With the last generation of A+ (1.5.x) and Amarra (2.6) that I had, I favored each depending on what I was playing and, frankly, what I was in the mood for. Much of the time I preferred A+'s forwardness and smoothness, a lovely if contrasting combo. Maybe it's that juxtaposition that I liked so much. With Amarra 3 in the mix, this is the best I've heard my mac sound. I'm using a Naim DAC-V1 with Denon AH D700's. Someone said earlier that A+ sounds boring compared to the latest Amarra. For my ears, that's spot on. There's a realness revealed (3D, airiness, soundstage that's relatable) and a pleasantness engendered (slight warmth, subtleness of detail that feels sophisticated) that's unique to this latest Amarra. I'm a little blown away because I didn't think software could do this. Nicely done, indeed! 

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #54 of 121
Yep I am coming over to the Amarra side now, I like using SQ with TIDAL, works great.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #55 of 121
I now use Amarra 3.0. Does take a lot of resources but it sounds great. Since i was an early adopter, and paid a high premium, i was allowed to upgrade to the Amarra Symphony 3.0 version with my software upgrade. Really incredible! So detailed…  But I am having problems downloading the new Amarra SQ that comes with it though. Waiting for a response from the Ralph over there. Poor guy i sent him three emails tonight as things changed. I am now locked out of the upgrade area due to so many times trying to get through the activation code. At least i have the main product which is awesome. I only stream occasionally, but i would like to have it on the computer.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #56 of 121
Yeah the new SQ is awesome, although activation process is PITA, especially on a second computer because it'll say you have already used the activation code. So I just reactivated it on the second computer. Not sure if I went about it the wrong way, but it worked and I was just getting annoyed by the whole process. Happy that they moved away from iLok, but still kinda annoying.

Less glitches and multiple EQ + custom settings is a joy to have. Ability to change sample rate is also beneficial.

The one thing I don't like is that if you accidentally click on the red dot of the window, it will close the application along with the window as well. I've accidentally done it a few times out of habit. I liked this aspect more where you couldn't accidentally close the app.

Most of my time in spent with Spotify and Netflix through Amarra SQ. Amarra 3.0 and Audirvana have been collecting virtual dust.

Dec 11, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #57 of 121
  Amarra 3.0.2 (4552) has been sounding great to me, only slight problems with startup locking. Once running, I'm very pleased, even displacing Audirvana+. I have also been using Amarra sQ by setting 3.0.2 input and output to SonicStream, then setting Amarra sQ to input SonicStream and output to my DAC (FiiO E17). I find very little distortion but great control over EQ, allowing me to "warm-up" the AKG Q701's driven by an E09K. The Amarra sQ UI is great to work with. Anyone else experimenting with combining 3.0.2 with sQ?

That's a brilliant idea! I'm going to set mine up that way!

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #58 of 121
Everything worked out. Got a reply. I was given a different code that I didn't appear to have and unlocked out. Went through the same proceedure and this Tim it worked. Haven't tried the sq yet though due to heavy work schedule. Hope to listen a bit this weekend but it is kind of an addon in that I mostly listen to 24 bit if I can when at home.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #59 of 121
I've recently upgraded to Amarra 3.03 from an early version of 2.5, and while I've notice a pretty dramatic improvement in sound quality, I have noticed one annoying anomaly which was not in the 2.5. Right before the end of most - but not all - tracks the music pauses (for just a second) and then plays the last few seconds of the track.

Needless to say this is annoying, especially as you begin to anticipate that it 'might' happen ... sometimes is does, sometimes it doesn't.

Is any one else having this issue with Amarra 3.0? 

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #60 of 121
I actually listen to a lot of live shows that flow into songs one after another and have listened for a gap carefully as it goes to the next file and hear nor defer able gap. I am actually a bit blown away at the seemlessness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back