AM question
Apr 16, 2004 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

metal_monger

100+ Head-Fier
I have recentely gotten all into talk radio and one of the two stations I like to listen to is about 45mins outside of where I live. Techincally, i guess, I am not supposed to get 1 station because its not for my town, but I can pick upt eh station with some noise.

My question is this, I want to acquire a receiver or new antenna perhaps that has strong capability to pick up this station. Like I said I already get the station but with some noise, I am assuming the noise comes from teh fact that the station broadcasts to just outside the town I live in.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I am a total noob for AM stuff, so dont get too crazy with tech info =)

Thanks.

(btw its a AM station if that makes a difference)

Apr 16, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 2
I play with radios a lot...(AM, shortwave, etc.)

For AM stations slightly out of reach for your location (and even great distances at night) I can't recommend this unit enough:

http://www.ccrane.com/select_a_tenna_regular.asp

It never fails to amaze me-no hard wiring and no batteries. This is the best bang for the buck AM antenna I've ever used.

One prerequisite: You should have a decent (not necessarily expensive) AM receiver to begin with...

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back