Am I treating my cables right?
Dec 4, 2009 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

chengbin

100+ Head-Fier
I read that wrapping earphone cables around iPods are bad for the cable. I usually keep my cables like this, at home, and in the lockers, like in this picture. Is this bad for the cable? What are good ways to keep good care of cables, except putting them in a case, because that's way too much of a PITA for me.

118gfu9.jpg

I really don't want my RE0 to break. My parents are pretty unhappy (not really, but kind of unethical for paying so much for a tiny bud) that I spent another $100 on earphones after 2 years I bought my Shure. The RE0 has a short 1 year warranty, so I want keep good care of them. Earphones are EXPENSIVE. I don't want to pay $100 for earphones every 2-3 years.

BTW, I also wear it over the ears to avoid microphonics and a better seal. Is that bad for the cable? I'll still wear it like that even if it is. The seal and isolation is pretty bad on the RE0, at least compared to a Shure E2c that I used for 2.5 years.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 7
over the ear is fine. im not sure about the way the picture shows the cable tho. i usually just wrap the cables like any other kind of audio cable even when its not put in a case. even if you dont like to put it in a case it is best since these are not exactly cheap so its best just to take good care of it

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 7
thats pretty much what i do. its like that when its in a case or just on my desk. but i think its just bad when you are on the move and wrap is badly or not at all. if ur not on the move like leaving them in a locker or desk not sure if it matters as much.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 7
It really works. Thanks sandys for posting that.

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 7
I've always heard, you've got to hold them, squeeze them--never leave them--you got to, got-got-got-got-got to try a little tenderness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back