Am I the only one who Listens to Country on Headphones lol
Oct 26, 2005 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Hey_Its_Cole

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to all types of music from Classical to Rock but I have to say my favorite genra is Country. Not the Popy crap they mostly play on the radio but classics like Willy, Alabama, Hank, Hank JR., Conway Twitty. Texas country is my favorite such as Roger Creager, Kevin Fowler, Corry Morrow, Pat Green, Cross Canadian Ragweed etc. Anyone else a country fan and find it enjoying on headphones. I just have not seen anyone post about it.

Oct 26, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 26
*sings* ...all my ex's live in texas...
580smile.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 26
does johnny cash count?
cool.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 26
More modern folk than country.

Early Wilco, Son Volt, the Mother Hips, Lyle Lovett here and there, I think that's probably about it.

Oct 26, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 26
I listen to a good amount of country, old and new. Anything by Willie Nelson makes me smile. Paul Brandt's latest album "This Time Around" is worth checking out.

Oct 26, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 26
Country (texas style) is not my favorite genre, but its still a good one. I usually listen to it much more over the summers than during the school year, but I play it from time to time.

Its very similiar to other genres of music. I'd bet of everyone who says "I love all music except Country!", at least 1/2 would like Cross Canadien Ragweed and other Texas country artists.

Oct 26, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #11 of 26
I like outlaw country, Steve Earle,Willie Nelson,Waylon Jennings,some,Hank and Hank Jr,Mongomery Gentry,and I think Big and Rich are the best thing to hit country in along time.
600smile.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 26
I tend to listen to more "Alternative-Country" than straight country but I've got a few things on my semi-portable rig here at work:

I'll probably call this country:

EmmyLou Harris: Wrecking Ball, The Ballad of Sally Rose

Johnny Cash: Unchained, Solitary Man, The Man comes Around, Essential Johnny Cash

Lucinda Williams: Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, Sweet Old World, World Without Tears

Lyle Lovett: Joshua Judges Ruth, The Road to Ensenada

You tell me if it's country :) :

Jason and the Nashville Scorchers: Reckless Country Soul

The Knitters: The Modern Sounds of the Knitters

Son Volt: Okemah and the Melody of Riot

Wilco: A.M.

I've got some "NewGrass" laying around here as well: Bad Livers, Garcia/Grisman, Old and in the Way, Bela Fleck,

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #13 of 26
Lefty Frizzell gets a lot of play. By far my favourite country singer.

Hank Williams, ErnestTubb, Ray Price, Hank Snow, Buck Owens and his Buckaroos, Jimmie Rodgers also get play.

I love old(real) country because it is one of the styles that I grew up on. My grandfather playing them all by ear on his Gibson.

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillC
Jason and the Nashville Scorchers: Reckless Country Soul

The Knitters: The Modern Sounds of the Knitters

Son Volt: Okemah and the Melody of Riot

Wilco: A.M.

I've got some "NewGrass" laying around here as well: Bad Livers, Garcia/Grisman, Old and in the Way, Bela Fleck,

There's some cool stuff in there. If you like The Modern Sounds of then you must try Poor Little Critters on the Road and the Knitters' 'day job' of that period -- X Under the Big Black Sun and More Fun in the New World.

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by milesbeyondjazz
I like outlaw country, Steve Earle,Willie Nelson,Waylon Jennings,some,Hank and Hank Jr,Mongomery Gentry,and I think Big and Rich are the best thing to hit country in along time.
600smile.gif

As far as mainstream country, I agree with the Big and Rich thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back