triportsad.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 19
QUALITY is never OBSOLETE.
Don't feel alone.

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira Yamato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually wanted to bump up my HD in my Imod but i dunno if its possible

What kind of HD ar u using on your iMod Photo?
It is possible to upgrade the HD.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira Yamato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dunno i got the stock one in it

Anyway you can get 80gb HD for it, but it is too expensive

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL EARS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KIRA my imod 5G photo is on the way you are not alone, hope fully i will be pairing it soley with the A M P H O R A which is starting to ship.
o2smile.gif

ALL EARS

my Imod is collecting dust
frown.gif

I dont have a AMP and Headphones anymore

was thinking Ibasso and Audio Technica ESW10JPNs or Grados 325i

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #10 of 19
The 4G iModded iPod is a very nice sounding unit. The cable used can change the sound for the better or worse, I loved a Revelation Audio Silver Cryo. However they are not providing reliable service based on many posts here and in Audiogon.

The SXC cable from Ken is superb and IMO it will bring a big smile to your face. A bit pricey but sound-wise worth it.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #13 of 19
Actually you should consider yourself lucky hehehe. Only a few people own both the 4G and 5/5.5G iMods here. And one of them is mrarroyo's review partner, vorlon1
biggrin.gif
. I'm glad I was still able to find one of his posts regarding the 2 iMods and Classic sound.

I'd like to quote him here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reading this thread I just compared my 5.5 G Ipod with the Ipod Classic using an SR 71A and ESW 9s. I'd say the Classic has a bit wider soundstage, but the 5.5 has a closer in sound and a bit better transparency. The 4G Imod is superior to both in transparency, sweetness, and overall musicality, in my opinion. I like the sound of the 5.5 more than the Classic, but I can see how others might like the wider soundstage of the classic.

I hope you don't mind, Rob.
biggrin.gif

Here's the whole thread in case you wanna read: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/rw...1/#post5030901

One of the advantages as well of the 4G is that it's battery can be upgraded to the highest capacity 1350mAh. That's 114% greater than it's original battery. The 5/5.5G iPod can only be upgraded upto 800mAh IICR. Now the advantage of the 5/5.5G iPod on the other hand is that its HD can be upgraded to a whooping 240gb. Although the 4G and the 5/5.5G iPods share the same HD dimensions (8mm), they both have different connectors. The 5/5.5G utilizes ZIF while the 4G's is 50-pins. I'm not too sure but I think the maximum capacity for an 8mm 50-Pins HD from Toshiba is only 100gb. Now the trick is asking your DIYer if he can hunt for you a ZIF/50-Pins converter that'll fit the 4G.

Personally I'd choose to change the HD to a CF card for better access times, performance and power consumption. But battery, HD or Flash drive, at the end of the day, it's all about the SQ, right?
biggrin.gif

Right now, my 4G is in the talented hands of qusp undergoing a complete power overhaul.
biggrin.gif

So cheers!!! Enjoy and take good care of your 4G iMod. They're getting rarer and rarer.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 19
Perfectly happy with my iMod 4G. I like being able to run and power it at the same time. I use an external iPod battery pack to avoid power supply noise issues.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back