Am I set? No Worries?
Jul 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DJ AudioPhile

Banned
Hey fellow head-fiers! Ok, How do I put this? I want the Sennheiser HD800's!!!!!!!!!!!
k701smile.gif

*Calms Down*
I'm looking to purchase the HD800's in a balanced version from "HeadRoom". According to them a balanced headphone drive yields better sound quality than single ended. Since the HD800's are going to operated in balanced mode this means my DAC and AMP choices are limited to balanced inputs and outputs. I'm also going to buy headRoom's top DAC and AMP in a package to feed my HD800's.

HeadRoom's top DAC and AMP package

Sennheiser HD800 Balanced

Do any of you guys have this setup? Or do you think this is the best I can get out my HD800's? Also I'm going to feed the DAC a digital signal via USB from my laptop.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 12
seems like you're gonna have a lot of fun mate! congrats on your really fine purchases. i own the headroom ultra micro stack (amp+dac) and it is amazing, i can't even imagine how their top high-end equipment sounds like, and not less with the HD-800 balanced!
I don't think you can go better than this.
great choice...sorry for your wallet though
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems like you're gonna have a lot of fun mate! congrats on your really fine purchases. i own the headroom ultra micro stack (amp+dac) and it is amazing, i can't even imagine how their top high-end equipment sounds like, and not less with the HD-800 balanced!
I don't think you can go better than this.
great choice...sorry for your wallet though
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanks....Yea my wallet is going to have to try to recover from the sudden money loss.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #4 of 12
From what I've read the only thing else to reccomend would possibly be the matching power supply block.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've read the only thing else to reccomend would possibly be the matching power supply block.

it is logical that he is getting that already. AH... me envious so much.

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Do not think you can go much wrong with that combo. Especially not fully balanced.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #8 of 12
A mere $5000.00 for this setup - nice start-can hardly wait to see what your upgradeitis will produce.
devil_face.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #10 of 12
Yes, you are set, once you delete your account and leave this website for good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back