Am I right in assuming BOSE is not a good brand for portable audio?
Sep 12, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #16 of 19
To me they seem like more of a speaker company who do HP as a side project. Im tired of people saying "never heard of it" when you tell mention Sennheiser. Then they get excited and say "I really want to get me some Bose, those are the bestest!"

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not necessarily right at all.

Bose TriPorts (Over ear) are about the most comfortable headphones on the planet. They are perfect for portable usage as they block out a TON of outside noise.

Pros: Great highs, good mid range, VERY comfortable, light weight, block out a ton of noise and easy to drive.

Cons: Fragile!, muddy base, thin cable.

I didn't mention price as a con as you can buy these very cheap on Amazon right now.

All the above is meant for the "over ear".

I'm not sure on the "in ear" but You can buy them for about $40 shipped on Amazon which I would say is a great deal.

This is coming from someone who has owned his TriPorts since the beginning. Once they are burned in they get a lot better.

Wow, we have very different ears. I tried the TriPorts @ Best Buy and thought they sounded worse than head phones for half the asking price (not down to the Amazon price, though).

The QC, however, sounded great in a Bose store. (I later found out how much work they put into those demos w/ HQ amps.) The buds in the store sounded very lack luster after the QC 2 & 3. Fortunately, that lead me here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back