Am I really the only one who likes My Morning Jacket?
Aug 13, 2003 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wab

500+ Head-Fier
Sure the singer is a little off key sometimes and the musicians may not be the best there out there, but the songs are so incredibly moody and evocative.. Eversince I discovered this band I've had At Dawn and Tennessee Fire on repeat. My friends and housemates hate it, I haven't found anyone who loves this as much as I do. Am I the only one?

Aug 14, 2003 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 8
I've seen them play live once (as the opening act for Doves last year) and was impressed...will probably buy the new album they've got coming out next month.

- w

Sep 26, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 8
I hadn't heard of them until I saw them on Conan last night. Anyone else see them? They had an incredible instrumental sound that totally jammed. I think I'll pick up one of their cds.

MJ

Sep 26, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 8
Haven't heard the new one yet but it's at the top of my wishlist. Loved At Dawn, especially the haunting Death Is the Easy Way. Even used that song on a compilation I made for a few friends a couple years ago called Down the Road.

Sep 26, 2003 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 8
These guys sound intriguing - thanks for the heads-up
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by MusicJunkie
I hadn't heard of them until I saw them on Conan last night. Anyone else see them? They had an incredible instrumental sound that totally jammed. I think I'll pick up one of their cds.

MJ

last night? was it a repeat or did they decide to do Conan's show again?

anyway, saw them live again earlier this month and have to say that they're one of the best live acts on the planet at the moment both in terms of quality *and* quantity...heck, including the johnny cash tribute (jimmy james did 'ring of fire') and three other encores, the entire set was almost 2 hours long, with the band throwing in substantial chunks of all three albums.

- w

Sep 28, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 8
My sister and her boyfriend are in love with My Morning Jacket and they have got lots of their friends hooked lately as well. I haven't really given 'At Dawn' a good few listens yet, but after seeing them play on Conan a few nights ago (yes, it was new - not a rerun) I am quite anxious to hear their new album. That song just rocked live. Conan was quite amazed, he said he's gonna buy the album, which he's hardly ever said, and I watch his show quite often. If only I were 19 I'd go to their concert here in Vancouver, I believe it's on October 7th or around there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back