Am I paranoid, crazy, or just plain idiot?
Jun 23, 2006 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

8lias

100+ Head-Fier
basshead.gif

I received my Westone UM1 today, and been listening with it for a few hours with Cowon Iaudio 5, ogg format quality 7 hip hop and techno. I must say, as of now, I like my Senn CX300's performance more than the UM1. Why, I love the BOOOOM bass effect much better than the UM1. However, I like the mids, highs, and clarity of the UM1. You can say that I am a bass junky. I also have the Bose Tri-port that I use at home. I purchased the UM1 thinking it would replaces my CX300, it's good to have a backup.

I tried different tips and fits. I also understand that a good fit is important, I can confidently say I have good fit and isolation. I just not getting the same BOOOOMING bass effect as the CX300.

Bottom line, am I crazy, paranoid or just plain idiot with this issue? Anyone has the same experience? Any advise on what I should do? I did an extensive reading all the posts here regarding IEM and found that many users have good report on the UM1.

Your time and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jun 23, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 27
you can post it as a poll

Jun 23, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 27
Thanks for replying lostbobby, for a minute there I though I was an idiot. So here's the idiot question, how do you post it as a poll? Thanks.

Jun 23, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 27
Sorry, i didn't actually read the post, but you didn't mention if you tried comply's, tri-flanges, other tips, I don't know if those come with the UM-1s

Jun 23, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #6 of 27
lostbobby,

I tried tri-flanges and complys, both large and small. I find the small one is most comfortable and isolate well for me. thanks again

Jun 23, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
I choose idiot!
biggrin.gif

No problemo, please explain, thanks.

Jun 23, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8lias
No problemo, please explain, thanks.

Oh damn! I have to come up with a justification? OK, can I change my vote?

Jun 23, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #10 of 27
It's zzzz time, good night everyone, insomniacs.

Jun 23, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
Oh damn! I have to come up with a justification? OK, can I change my vote?

No justification needed, just help me understand would be great.

Jun 23, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8lias
No justification needed, just help me understand would be great.

I guess I was just in a silly frame of mind and your thread title kinda tickled me.

I apologize, no offense intended.

Jun 23, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
CX300's are a dynamic driver. They move more air, which gives more "boom". They do have a pretty decent low end, I'll agree with that.

Oh and you're not an idiot.
icon10.gif

Thank you for explaining that. Would I get more "boom" if I get the UM2?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back