Am I losing interest?
Apr 15, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #32 of 37
In my opinion, you have a fabulous start to a very good system. In no certain order:
- Keep your CD player.
- Buy the HD 600 grills from Sennheiser.
- Upgrade your Sennheiser HD 580 stock cable. My favorite is the Equinox.
- Buy a headphone tube amplifier with good power supply.
- Upgrade power cords on CD player, and amplifier.
I know that all of this cannot be done at once with your budget, but doing a little bit at a time is usually easier on the wallet, and you will appreciate it when you are done.

Apr 16, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #33 of 37
What's wrong with losing interest? If you're bored, sell what you don't need.

I don't see why you have to be interested in head-fi. That's how your title comes off, anyways.

Apr 16, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #34 of 37
Get a Raptor and change your HD580 cable.
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #35 of 37
doesnt this happen to everything?
you go listen to music mainly, after a month or two, you get bored
you go watch tv and movies, after a while, you get bored
you watch ****, play games, go out dating

do it too much, and you might find yourself wanting to do "icky" stuff
like working/studying hard
cleaning your room, going to church

Apr 18, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #36 of 37
Maybe use the money for a moving truck... Go to a noisy neighborhood and get a house. Next to the interstate and railroad tracks. The noise will drive you back to the head-fi setup you have!!!

Or do like me- get a new girlfriend you don't wanna listen to! Just apply headphones!!!

May 8, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #37 of 37
Personally, I think losing interest in your audio gear should be the ultimate goal because in the end, it should be about the music.

I remember when I was a teenager and discovering great bands and listening on a cheap plastic boom box. It was an exciting time! I was never distracted by gear awareness.

I have known of guys who bought a nice audio rig 20 years ago and never had an interest in upgrading. Instead, they focused on their music collection. I feel that in many ways, that can be a better way to achieve bliss and ultimately music happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back