Am I hearing things? Help me avoid a potentially unecessary return...
Jul 1, 2016 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Matt B

Head-Fier
I recently purchased a set of the Sennheiser 630vb with the rotary bass dial. I really like them but sometimes I feel like the amount of bass they produce varies...without me touching the dial. They always sound good but occasionally after listening for a little while the sound seems to take on a fuller more powerful character. Even when I am listening to the same song at different times I feel that on some occasions the bass is more intense than others. It is likely psychoacoustics/perception, and if this were a regular set of headphones without any sort of circuit that adjusts bass I would know that for sure but in this case I am worried there might be some sort of malfunction...and due to this I am considering returning them. Any thoughts???

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 2
I have these also....I like them for live recordings.  Seems like I'm sitting in the front row sometimes.  I usually have them as part of a "portable" set-up...using a Sony NWZ-A17 to drive them.  

I have not experienced what you described. (then again I wasn't looking for it and usually don't replay a song back again).  
The only thing I can think of is to make sure you don't have some type of auto-volume turned on from your source.  Sony calls it Dynamic Normalizer.  Noticed a "breathing" action when that is on...especially during fade-outs.  

Bern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back