Am I Grado nitpicking?
Feb 26, 2006 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zeluiz22

500+ Head-Fier
I purchased brand new and sealed 325is from an authorized dealer. They came with a not-so-small chip (quarter inch) along the lip on the inner plastic housing that sits under the foam pads. Is this a big enough problem to ask for a replacement?

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 6
typical grado built quality, I wouldn't bother about it if I were you, it's just the plastic housing. As long as they are not cutting you somehow then it should be fine. You wouldn't wanna get it replaced and later found out that the other unit has more obvious cosmetic damage on the metal cups. (which i have seen lots of dents, chips, machin marks, and etc on them)

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 6
I'd say it depends on you. Personally, I would be slightly angry that $300 US isn't giving me a nearly flawless product in terms of physical deficiencies.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
typical grado built quality, I wouldn't bother about it if I were you, it's just the plastic housing. As long as they are not cutting you somehow then it should be fine. You wouldn't wanna get it replaced and later found out that the other unit has more obvious cosmetic damage on the metal cups. (which i have seen lots of dents, chips, machin marks, and etc on them)

...yeah- this is already a replacement, but the first pair and these are factory friends (sequential serial nos in the 35xxs). The first pair had a bigger chip. Better to let it be, I suppose.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 6
I say let it be. They are handmade after all and anything that is made by humans is never perfect. Consider it part of your Grado's uniqueness.
icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
I say let it be. They are handmade after all and anything that is made by humans is never perfect. Consider it part of your Grado's uniqueness.
icon10.gif

too bad it's not something one should be very proud of.

anyway, dun worry about it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back