Am i getting the most out of my ath-m50's?
Jun 15, 2012 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

miijin

New Head-Fier
I know the answer is going to be a def. no. However i'm looking for suggestions on how to improve my audio so that flac sounds phenomenal and that everything is nicely amp'd.

I run my ath-m50's straight from my sound card and old sound blaster xfi elite pro card. I don't like it much, the sound is terrible in windows 7 it used to be outstanding in windows xp. Now i feel like i have to adjust eq settings every single time i start up the pc.

Ideas? do i have the wrong drivers, should i upgrade the card or do a usb/dac combo. I'm looking to stay under 400 bucks if i go this route.  My main focus is music i game a few times a week but only League of Legends.. but gaming be damned music is where i need everything to shine.

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 4
If you want to change the card, grab an Essence ST/X or Titanium HD.
For a usb dac&amp combo try the ODAC.
I haven't got any experience with these, it's just what I've gathered from reading.

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 4
If you're going to spend $400, you might as well sell your m50 and get better headphones and an amp/dac combo.  If you ask me, spending that much trying to improve the m50 isn't worth it.  The differences will never justify the cost.

If you want to stick with the m50, just get the Fiio E10 or E17 and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back