Am I crazy?
Mar 19, 2006 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MaxAudioMax

100+ Head-Fier
I'm still new to all this headphone stuff but I do love my music. I first got a pair of k271s for portable/out of house use because of the noise cancellation. So far, pleased. However, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the HUGE bass on the SR-125 + todd flats combo. I figured Grados would be quite weak with the bass since they are known for the highs mostly. Anyways, just wondering if I might be fitting it wrong or if this is normal. Only downside, and this is where I go with the bowls sometimes, is that the bass tends to overpower/seem a bit muddy for the "bassy-er" type of music.

Next question...which should get redirected to amp forum but ill just say here quickly anyway (you can PM me if you want!?), but which amp would be suggested for this combo of 'phones. I pretty much only listen to the SR-125s at home and would probably want a home amp since they can have more power when comprimizing with size.

-Max
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Grado love tubes. Look at Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 at around $300 used. If you have more disposable income then look at Mapletree Ear Purist + HD at about $600.

Either will bring the Grado's to a new level. Good luck.

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 6
k271's have noise cancellation?
confused.gif
I didn't know that. I dunno if it mentions that in the description at headroom or not.

Mar 19, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965
k271's have noise cancellation?
confused.gif
I didn't know that. I dunno if it mentions that in the description at headroom or not.

they isolate, they dont dont have active noice cancellation

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxAudioMax
I first got a pair of k271s for portable/out of house use because of the noise cancellation.

Edit: Sorry I meant by "noise cancellation" that they were closed and they blocked a bit of outside noise.

-Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back