Am I being scamed? Selling my brand new laptop.
Apr 24, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #16 of 21
Sell Them a P-P-P Powerbook
eggosmile.gif

Apr 24, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #18 of 21
Yeah, I read about the PPP Powerbook scam, that's why I am being extremely cautious. Ok, here is the update!

This deal looks more and more like a scam now. He gave me his NY address, but it's actually an express air freight company! Then later in the email he says he actually lives in UK!!! He gave me his mobile phone number which he probably know for sure that I wasn't going to call since it's international call. Anyway, should I pull another PPP powerbook...or just email him with a big **** YOU? Hey, if other forum can pull it off, maybe we can too
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2005 at 1:32 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvya
Yeah, I read about the PPP Powerbook scam, that's why I am being extremely cautious. Ok, here is the update!

should I pull another PPP powerbook...or just email him with a big **** YOU? Hey, if other forum can pull it off, maybe we can too
wink.gif

How do we know *this* is not a scam to get us to pony up for fictional shipping charges - that would be a nice twist
biggrin.gif

Personally a big ignore is a lot less work and these things are really only funny the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back