Am I Being Paranoid?
Jul 7, 2003 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SteeleBlayde

1000+ Head-Fier
I plugged my Alessandro MS-Pros into my portable CD player (which happens to have a faulty jack) and I heard some pretty loud pops and hisses coming from my cans. I got freaked out and plugged them back into my Onkyo and now I cant stop thinking that I might have damaged them! Am I being paranoid?! Should I ship my babies back to Grado to give them a check up just to be on the safe side?!
eek.gif

Jul 7, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm not sure! Thats the thing. I suspect my mind is just making me think I'm hearing differently but as with everything concerning the mind, I'm not sure. The pops and hisses werent that loud I think, slightly above my normal listening volume.

Jul 7, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 8
check your source with reliable cans and vice versa?

Jul 7, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 8
yes u are being paranoid.. unless u had your portable at full volume, which would somehow have to generate enough power/current for the voice coil to make huge unnatural jumps, which would be practically impossible with the power output of a portable (on headphones, earphones etc is different story). those loud pops and hises coming from your faulty jack might have something to do with a dry/lose solder joint that keeps making contact with the board making smal transients etc.

Jul 7, 2003 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 8
if it sounds different than it used to there is a problem... otherwise there isn't one... stop being so paranoid about your babies.. just be glad you have them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, I suspected it might just be my mind playing tricks on me. I just couldnt shrug the thought off that I might have damaged them though.
frown.gif
Anyway, thanks for reassuring me guys. I'll go home and see if they still sound as good as my mind remembers.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back