Am I a Basshead?
May 18, 2009 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Loser777

Head-Fier
I have absolutely no answer to this question... While I of course enjoy there to be adequate bass present, I have no way of knowing if the amount I want is "basshead" material... which is where I'm stuck between choosing the Phonak PFEs vs the Sennheiser IE7... (apparently more bassy)

Any way to find out if I'm a basshead?

May 18, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 11
I think that depends entirely on your definition of adequate bass. I've seen the words like 'tight' and 'punchy' versus 'boomy' and 'bloated' and a lot of comments regarding quantity versus quality. After owning the RE2 for a couple of weeks I came to my own conclusion that I'm much more in favor of a dark, musical sound and some of the things that turn other people off, for example, the Atrios M5 being described as runny and not fast enough for trance, is probably what I want since I want the sub bass and the decay. In any case since you've narrowed it down to those two everything I've read indicates the PFE belongs to the analytical side so when in doubt I think you would be much happier with IE7.

May 18, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loser777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have absolutely no answer to this question... While I of course enjoy there to be adequate bass present, I have no way of knowing if the amount I want is "basshead" material... which is where I'm stuck between choosing the Phonak PFEs vs the Sennheiser IE7... (apparently more bassy)

Any way to find out if I'm a basshead?

If you're asking the question, you probably already know the answer!
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #6 of 11
Might as well go all the way and go for the IE8!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 11
I would actually prefer there to be no way of tuning/adjustment, because then I'd get OCD over it and be adjusting it non-stop until the knob broke off or something like that -.-"

May 18, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #10 of 11
Alright, sounds like it is IE7 for sure... but do these isolate crappily both ways? Because not annoying those around me is just as important as blocking out background noise... I hate it when people say "turn down your Ipod" or "I can hear that from here" etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back