Alternatives to Westone UM PRo 50 v2 and Noble Katana
Aug 6, 2018 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Random Lunatic

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there, I once borrowed a Noble Katana and found its detail retrieval absolutely astounding, compared to anything I'd heard, but it was also a tad too bright. Not to mention at the time too pricey/rare here.
Since then I've been using a Sennheiser IE800, UE Triple Fi 10, and a pair of custom Heir 4.A... Now recently a friend got a pair of Westone UM Pro 50 v2, and after giving them a thorough listen, they seem to have some of the same incredible detail retrieval, but this time without that slightly thin/bright signature. But the detail still isn't quite on the level I remember the Katana having, but probably incredibly close.

So the question is, can anyone recommend an IEM with the same detail retrieval as the Katana, but with a more full sound... more low and mid energy?

I've been looking at the Campfire Atlas, but suspect it wont have that level of detail, since its been said to have less than the Katana, possibly something similar to the IE800, which is good, but doesn't sound like that great of an upgrade from my Sennheiser...

Hope you can help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back