Alternatives to the V-moda M-100 with the same features?
Aug 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #16 of 35
Aug 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:
Not good for me as live in Brazil! I would have to pay a lot of taxes and don't think Amazon will deliver those here. The used westone's were from someone here in Brazil. There's also a guy selling a Sony XBA-4ip for about $215. What do you think? Price wise and sound wise compared to the M-100? 

No idea, but the XBA-4 isn't too bad either.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:
I've been looking at the psb m4u but the problem is that I'm going to ask a friend to buy it for me when he goes to new york next month and the only physical store  that I know that carries a broad range of headphones is bh audio & video and they don't have it. Do you have any other store recommendation in NY?

AC Gears on 8th Street and Broadway - Has lots of V-MODA, Grados and HiFiMan
J&R Photo in the Financial District - Tons of Sennheiser

However, I don't think any physical store in NYC has the PSB M4U. At least not at the stores that I've been to.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 35
OK while September doesn't come, I'm considering buying something less expensive but with good overall sound so I can enjoy some music from my PC. I was thinking about the creative aurvana live!, the philips Fidelio l1 or sennheiser hd 280 pro. What do you think?

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 4

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 35
So I purchased the fidelio L1 and I'm really liking it! But I think my nexus 4 isn't capable of driving it fully cause even at the highest volume it sounds very low depending on the music playing, the same does not happen on the monster turbine. It does sound better when connected to my pc. Now what I'm most worried about is that the fidelio has an impedance of 26 Ohm (compared to 18 Ohm on the turbine) and the M-100 that I'm planning to buy is 32 Ohm. So is it going to sound even worse? Or are there other factors that also matter in this regard? 

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #25 of 35
This is a common problem with the Nexus 4, so it is likely that you will need an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back