Alternatives to iTunes?
Dec 22, 2007 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

wquiles

500+ Head-Fier
I am tired of iTunes after several years of use - I want something more flexible, plus now that I have iPods (two 2nd gen Nano's, one 1st gen Shuffle), and my new Cowon 16Gig iAudio7, I need something that can manage all of them, with different playlists, and I want support for the extra files types I can play on the iAudio7.

I converted the Nano's to disk mode, and I have been testing the latest 5.51 WinAmp, but wanted to ask you folks for additional suggestions. What do you recommend I try?

Will

Dec 22, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like fubar2k. Not sure if it'll work for what you have in mind, however.

Foobar can be tweaked to do anything. There's a plugin for everything, you just gotta look.

Dec 22, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #7 of 30
Totally concur with Media Monkey. Great program.

cheers
Simon

Dec 22, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #10 of 30
I have a version of mediamonkey that supports videos.

It's called Winamp 5.5, and it's wonderful.

Output plugins, visualization options, universal hotkeys built in, video player, full player management, every danged plugin you could imagine including an adapter for VST's... it's got it all.

Dec 22, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #13 of 30
Thanks so much for all the suggestions
biggrin.gif

I am playing now with MediaMonkey and it is working very well for me so far (I only care to manage Audio files anyway). Although similar to WinAmp, I like the behavior better in MediaMonkey, and it seems to consume less computer resources as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

Dec 22, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are any of these players better than itunes???

I personally feel that itunes is super bloated - I like the minimalistic nature of fubar2k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back