Alternatives to DT880/E4c
Nov 19, 2005 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

renesis_au

100+ Head-Fier
Well I've had an amp for a few weeks and it seems I can live perfectly without them. The amp in question is the portaphile V2 and when paired with the DT880 does not make a big enough improvement in dynamics to justify keeping it so I'm looking to trade it.

So my question is what headphones under say $120 will be either a good contrast and or good complement to my other two cans? Both the DT880 and E4c have a similar sound where it is clean and to me not noticeable coloured. The ideal use for my third can would be for use around the house most likely driven from an iPod 5G unamped, and I'd probably want a full sized can as I have an IEM already. What I was originally considering was a Grado SR225, even a HF-1 but unfortunately I can't afford one.

Music tastes would be a bit of everything with a preference for female vocals and instrumentals.

Thanks!

Renesis

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 3
What about a MS1 ?
biggrin.gif

If you're looking for grado flavor, :
$99, Grado sound signature ! On Alessandro site.

Portaphile should like it.

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually I'm looking to trade it or in the event I can't trade it sell it. I can't really justify keeping it.

But thanks for the MS1 recommendation that was one of the headphones that was on my mental list.

So are there any other headphones that I should consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back