Alternatives to Bose QC20? (noise-cancelling earbuds)
Jan 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

StudioSound

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if there were any good alternatives to the Bose QC20 now?
I bought mine 6 months ago and have been mostly happy with them, but I'm already having an intermittent connection in one side.

They have a pretty flat frequency response combined with excellent noise isolation due to the active noise cancelling, and really nice comfort due to them being an "earbud" fit rather than an "in-ear monitor" fit.

The battery pack is a nuisance to deal with though, and the build quality is disappointing for their price.

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Bose has excellent customer service and will replace it, I bet. I broke off one of the tabs that hold the stayhear tips and they handed me a new set right away at the Bose store. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, I'm sure that it can be replaced under warranty, but I have been offered a refund from the retailer which means that I am not limited to receiving a replacement of the same headphones.

I can't seem to find anything else that is comparable to the QC20 though, so perhaps a replacement is my best option.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 4
Try ~$200 AKG K391 Noise Cancelling earbuds, good bass response, crisp sound and has not been found with distortion. The eartips also work better than bose in term of noise-isolation. 
Source: http://www.wearableinear.com/best-noise-cancelling-in-ear-headphones/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back