Alternatives To Audio Technica Drivers?
Jan 17, 2021 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bradysays

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I need to replace a broken driver on my Audio-Technica ATH-A550Z. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can actually order replacement Audio Technica Drivers, as far as my reading online shows you have to send your headphones to Audio Technica for repair.

I am pretty sure this is going to work out at more than the headphones are actually worth. So would there be a similar pair of drivers I could install instead? I know some people use aliexpress or similar for variants of drivers. I am however finding it difficult to even find 53mm 40 ohms drivers full stop.

Thanks

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi everyone, I need to replace a broken driver on my Audio-Technica ATH-A550Z. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can actually order replacement Audio Technica Drivers, as far as my reading online shows you have to send your headphones to Audio Technica for repair.

I am pretty sure this is going to work out at more than the headphones are actually worth. So would there be a similar pair of drivers I could install instead? I know some people use aliexpress or similar for variants of drivers. I am however finding it difficult to even find 53mm 40 ohms
Full compass

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 3

I am pretty sure this is going to work out at more than the headphones are actually worth. So would there be a similar pair of drivers I could install instead? I know some people use aliexpress or similar for variants of drivers. I am however finding it difficult to even find 53mm 40 ohms drivers full stop.

Thanks
earphone diy lab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back