Alternative to Yes.com?
Oct 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MooTaters

100+ Head-Fier
For some time now I've used yes.com whenever I wanted to know the name of a song I heard on the radio.  Or even just to remind myself of a song I heard earlier, maybe even knew the name, but now forgot what it was.  Sadly though now yes.com is gone, and what I really liked about it is you could say it was standardized.  Regular radio station sites are all over the place, some use iheart radio to show recent songs(doesn't go very far back) and such, some have their own list that they keep track of.  Well yes.com allowed me to look in at certain hours, even days back for most radio stations I listen to(minus one or 2).  I don't know if another site with a similar feature exists out there, but if it does that would be awesome, and I'd love to know about it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 5
I would also like to find an alternative to yes.com! I am currently sifting through top 100 playlists in search of a song I just heard on my local top 40 station while my phone was dead. I am really getting to know one direction but not finding my song :-\

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, I was looking for a song just the other day again, but got to a computer too late to check the station's iheart radio recently played list to find it.  Tried even posting on the station's facebook asking if someone knew it but received no response, and it didn't have lyrics(or at least that I could remember) to search for.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 5
  This may sound silly, but if you have a smartphone, try Soundhound app, it can recognize the song by humming the rhythm. Or go to midomi.com

Yeah I've tried midomi before, though with no luck.  And for that last song it was an instrumental part of the song where I realized I'd like to know the name(also near the end of it) so I couldn't go by lyrics, and it was a pretty trippy guitar solo if I remember right so it would have been hard to hum.  Anyways thanks for the heads up, at very least I hope it helps others out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back