Alternative to my current headphones
Jul 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

newmandiver

New Head-Fier
I currently have the power beats on the way back from the 4th warranty return. I am fed up with them and would like to find something better around the same price point. Would like the controls and the over ear hooks.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 8
Shure SE215 is a very good IEM for the price. They don't have the over ear hooks though.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 8
There are some new ones coming out like the HiFiMAN RE-400 or the Klipsch X7i.  You also have loads of other choice like the Weston 1,2, or 3; UE600/700, various Vsonic.  You might want to try the old V-MODA Vibe II if you can find it for sub-$100.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 8
I will second the SE215's, you need to get the iPod cable separate but it is more comfortable 2.

I think he might be looking for non noise isolating ear phones like the power beats are.

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 8
I will second the SE215's, you need to get the iPod cable separate but it is more comfortable 2.

I think he might be looking for non noise isolating ear phones like the power beats are.

That is correct. Something sweat resistant as well. Even though the PB's were labelled as sweat resistant, the metal parts were covered in vertigris.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 8
So I poked around and decided to try out the Monster iSport Victory. I had a set of turbines in the past and was happy with those. SQ is apparently similar. I like the way they lock into the ears and have a waterproof control. It was either those or the Klipsch A5i. Hopefully the right choice. Will post my thoughts once i've got some hours on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back