Alternative to iTunes?
Apr 26, 2005 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

gychang

100+ Head-Fier
I'm finding iTunes difficult to use, there is any other alternatives to iTunes so I can upload music onto my iPod shuffle?

I'm uploading music from 2 different computers, and when I upload through iTunes from the second computer, it erased all the music I originally had in my iPod and replaced it with the new songs I was trying to upload. Not sure how to turn off this option.

Apr 28, 2005 at 12:28 PM Post #8 of 15
It's not possible to use your iPod with two computers. That's one of the limitations designed into firmware, probably to keep the RIAA from breathing down their necks.

You might want to use EphPod to get around it.

Apr 29, 2005 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gychang
I'm finding iTunes difficult to use

blink.gif
eek.gif

sorry to say that if you think iTunes is hard to use, everything else will seem like torture.

Apr 29, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by plus_c
It's not possible to use your iPod with two computers. That's one of the limitations designed into firmware, probably to keep the RIAA from breathing down their necks.

You might want to use EphPod to get around it.

Yeah it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gychang
I'm finding iTunes difficult to use [...]

I do too. It's a horrible program. I use J River too, but it may not be ideal for you. You might want to chek out shuffler.

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:01 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
It's a horrible program.

Why do people post 'this sucks' or 'that's horrible' without explaining? I'll never get this site on that front. Sorry to pick this one out of the bunch, but it just comes off as personal bias. Lets try the opposite. iTunes is 'super wonderful'. See how useful that is? It's only of value if you tell us why people.

That said, you can use or not use iTunes, but if you do turn off auto-fill and auto-sync off if you don't want iTunes to give the library priority. It's all how you want to handle your music. Automatic (which it will then be), or manual (see above or go to iPodLounge for other options). There's several ways around the 2 computer setup. See iPL for your options.

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #14 of 15
You may also manually handle your music and still keep the autosync comfort, just set up a playlist in iTunes and name it whatever "manual comfort" or so, and put in all you want on your iPod. Then set it up to be the only playlist to be synced. This emulates what Apple does with the shuffle playlist in a way, you can organize it whenever you want, without the iPod connected. Positive side-effect is that all your ratings and playcounts will also get synced, so you can endulge in smart playlist extravaganzas on your computer to no end. If you want to. I have such a playlist for stuff I want on my iPod permanently, the rest is automated via a couple of smart playlists.

Apr 29, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Why do people post 'this sucks' or 'that's horrible' without explaining? I'll never get this site on that front.

not just this site... but the whole internet and even offline this crap happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back