Alternative to iPod with video support
Apr 3, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 26
now is the best time for you to wait... alot of new daps will be coming out the trenches this year... that's if you can wait tho... I am
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the s9 might go down in price with the new J3 coming out...or the sflo:2 but the sflo sounds like it has a terrible interface and is buggy as hell, battery life on it sucks too

WAY over exaggerated on the SFLO:2, the UI is fine, it is not that buggy and while the battery is not that great it gives 8 hrs of .flac playback some of the cowons top out at 4HRs for .flac.

If you want to the best SQ of a DAP under 400$ the SFLO:2 is the one to get.

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #19 of 26
my earbuds arent that great though

RE2's from head-direct

its not so much sound quality, but a player with video, flac and a good interface.

40GB of space woiuld be amazing
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #20 of 26
I have the Archos 5 and hardly have any problems with it. Very nice and the 250gbs of space can hold virtually all of my media (although I only put video on it). BUT you will have to buy the 20 dollar codec pack to use MP4s with it :/

It's not that buggy and doesn't really give me any problems, just reboots itself occasionally (I use it about an hour a day and maybe once or twice a week).

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 26
Either way you look at it, the battery life on an s:flo2 is abysmal by todays standards - I don't recommend it for mobile usage. Stationary, fine, on the move,..........Fugedaboutit!!!!!

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #22 of 26
Yea... I would have to agree unless you are home every day; I use it daily in the morning before school, during school, and for the rest of the day afterwards and I hardly have a problem with it dying on me. Maybe if I go two days without charging but I'm always near my computer at some point in the day.

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Handeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my earbuds arent that great though

RE2's from head-direct

its not so much sound quality, but a player with video, flac and a good interface.

40GB of space woiuld be amazing
frown.gif

If youre headphones aren't quality...why are you worried about FLAC compatibility? why waste your battery life on subtle nuance that you wont be able to hear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back