Alternative to IE800
Jun 16, 2014 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gerbi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all.
I love the sound of my IE 800 but somehow they are that comfortable for me (tried different tips) so I was wondering if there's an alternative out there that you can suggest. As I mentioned the sound is just about perfect for me so that's what I am aiming for with better comfort. I would consider customs if necessary.
Thank you all in advance.
Alex

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 8
Yeah for that kind of money, and if comfort is still an issue, customs are definitely the way to go.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 8
How are they not fitting? Not getting a consistent seal? Just the feeling of a tip in your ear? I don't own the IE800 as I see it has to be a really shallow insertion and I have rather large ear canal openings - it was a struggle finding tips to get my new JVC 850's to fit... 

The 850's might also be an option come to think of it.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 8
How are they not fitting? Not getting a consistent seal? Just the feeling of a tip in your ear? I don't own the IE800 as I see it has to be a really shallow insertion and I have rather large ear canal openings - it was a struggle finding tips to get my new JVC 850's to fit... 

The 850's might also be an option come to think of it.

They do fit well, is that I don't find them very comfortable after a while. The tips are proprietary and not easy to find alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back