Alternative to Beats Studio Wireless
May 31, 2017 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

suharsh

New Head-Fier
Kids want to get this ... street price I believe is $199 ... any suggestions for this price point other wireless headphones that are generally considered better value?

May 31, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Kids want to get this ... street price I believe is $199 ... any suggestions for this price point other wireless headphones that are generally considered better value?
Not sure you're going to get much responses here as with others I don't think Bluetooth sounds as good as a wired headphones . They have their own dac and amp inside the headphone. Not that they suck some are quite good but in my opinion just not as good as a wired headphone. Have not heard those so will not say but I think wired sounds better but that is me and YMMV.

May 31, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 6
I am sometimes unpopular here as I agree with @buke9 that if you can go with a wired can you will generally have a better sound quality overall. Some people disagree. There are some good wireless headphones but they are more expensive than a comparable wired hp. For example, the B&W P7 Wireless is terrific ($399.95). The VMODA Crossfade Wireless is pretty decent, too ($300). Those are the only ones I like in the sort of up to $400 price range. I would recommend wired, overall. There are a lot of good options at your price point.

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks .. yes I agree and I don't own a single wireless .... but the beats and wireless is kids trying to be in fashion.

I do have lot of good wired headphones - AKG 1000, Stax, Audeze, Senn HD600s to name a few ... but wireless I do need help in some recommendation ...

budget tops at 199 each as there are two kids. I will check out the beats solo.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #6 of 6
I don't know how old your kids are, but I have a younger brother who is 16. Out of all my headphone/amp combinations, his favorite is Ultrasone Pro 900i (Huge U shape sound signature with what lots here consider too much bass) plus a FiiO A5 with bass boost switch on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that accurate sound reproduction isn't at the top of your kids' priority. With the emphasis of bass in modern music, fashion and big bass are probably at the top of their pyramid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back