alternative to banana holders
Sep 14, 2004 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

metal_monger

100+ Head-Fier
I went to academy store this weekend to pick up a fanny pack for my ipod/amp/long grado cord while I do running. Anyway after the ignoramus employees had me looking in every dept for this item, i ended up in the gun rack section (hey they pointed me there - for real). They had a item there that could I am pretty sure would make a good alternative to banana stands as headphone holders.

Unfortunately academy does not have online shopping so you cant find them through their website. I ran a search and came up with something that looks similar:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/p...44QPEWD7ARFGW0

If you live near a academy and are in need of a headphone stand of some kind, go check it out.

Sep 14, 2004 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 7
You'd have to make sure that the U-hook fits the width of your headband - if not i bet that rubber could eventually leave some nasty residue on your leather. Plus the suction cups make me wary - first, to find a surface near my desk where it would stick, and second, what if my cans fall when the cups fail? Finally, yep it's ugly and pricey. Long live the Banana Holder!

Sep 14, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 7
err I think some of you are missing the point. The one that i linked is not the ssame one i saw at academy, its just something similar so I could show SOMETHING.

The one i saw at academy was intended to hang a shotgun on the back of your truck glass thing, the one at academy was very wide, I was almost sure my 280's would fit there (and the 280's headband is thick-alicious).

I much prefer to get one of these badboys and stick it onthe side of my comupter and hang the headphones there. if and when i get one ill try to post some pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back