Alternative Earpads
Mar 10, 2006 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

padi89

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,Im finding the bowls on my Grado SR80s a bit too much on my ears so im looking for an alternative earpad.Ive noticed Sennheiser 414 earpads mention a few of times in these forums and i think i may give them a go,I realise i will loose the grado sound but id just like to try them.Is it as simple as just taking the bowls off and putting the 414s on or do you need to do some modifying?Also is there a hole in the centre of the 414 earpad or its it completly closed and would i benifit from making a small hole in the centre?
Thanks in advance.

Mar 10, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89
Hi,Im finding the bowls on my Grado SR80s a bit too much on my ears so im looking for an alternative earpad.Ive noticed Sennheiser 414 earpads mention a few of times in these forums and i think i may give them a go,I realise i will loose the grado sound but id just like to try them.Is it as simple as just taking the bowls off and putting the 414s on or do you need to do some modifying?Also is there a hole in the centre of the 414 earpad or its it completly closed and would i benifit from making a small hole in the centre?
Thanks in advance.

It's super simple, you just swap the pads. They're just foam. Bright yellow though...

You're not going to lose the Grado sound! It won't sound as good if you don't cut holes in the center though. Take a US Quarter, put it in the center, and cut out around it. Without, it sounds a little muddled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back