Alternate cable for Super.fi 5 Pro?
Jan 25, 2008 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mattwardfh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all.

I want a different cable for my Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro. The current cable is too stiff and always seems to curl up in awkward ways.

I thought I saw a post on this before, but I couldn't track it down. A Westone replacement cable? Which one? Any other possibilities?

Has anyone done this? Happy with it?

Thanks!

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone ES2 Cable

Best addon to the SF5, or any UE for that matter!

It's so much more comfy, def worth the $40 and 5min DIY work on it!

Excellent, thank you.

Is it this one?

Westone

That's the only cable I could find on the site.

How is the fit of the cable to the ear piece? Reasonably similar to the UE cable?

Any DIY work required besides just unplugging the old cables and plugging the new cables in?

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 9
If DIY is mentioned, then probably DIY is meant or neccessary. I fear that the pins have a different width on both cables and therefore no easy plug out the ue and plug in the new westone ones

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 9
THe pins on the ES2 are slightly longer than the UE ones, so require some trimming: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/we...o-pics-278661/

Just be tender and do it with patience
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah, is there a cheaper place to get the Westone cable? Or at least a place with cheaper shipping? From the looks of the Westone site, they don't even ship to countries outside of the US.

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone ES2 Cable

Best addon to the SF5, or any UE for that matter!

It's so much more comfy, def worth the $40 and 5min DIY work on it!

X2, the Westone cable is the only option you need to hear. Trust me if you need an alternative make this the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back