Altech Lansing IM716, IM616 & Harmoan Kardon EP720, EP730 headcount.
Mar 5, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #62 of 80
^ No, the difference between the two besides the pod are the difference in drivers.

Mar 11, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #64 of 80
Recently bought a pair of iM716 used from a headfier.
I was afraid i might not like it as i have never had a earphones, let alone IEMs..
The isolation was kinda starnge in the beginning, it still is , but am slowly getting used to it.

Great IEMs, obviously not in the league of the Hd-580s, but i especially like these for their isolation and the fact that i don't need to turn up the volume now.

Only gripe is the microphonics.

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #65 of 80
how come i cant find these for cheap now
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #66 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come i cant find these for cheap now
frown.gif

Which ones? The iM716s have bottomed-out at $105 for many, many moons now.

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #68 of 80
I got mine new from a UK eBay seller for £45. Not otherwise available in the UK. Replacement tips won't be a problem as Ety and Shure's fit; what about the filters? A-L UK won't know what I'd be talking about as they don't sell them and they don't look like Er-6 parts. Any clues?

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #69 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by manixc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm thinking of upgrading/cross-grading from e2c, which (im616 or im716) better to get?

Good question.

Due to Cheney like secrecy neither Ety nor Altec 'officially' stated what the component differences were in these models.

However, during the Apple Paris Expo, when these phones were introduced, Altec told the iLounge reviewer that the iM716s were modified ER4Ps whereas the iM616s were like the Ety6is.

There is an entire magnum opus thread on the Ety ER4 vs iM716 issues started by Old Dave (the OP). Lots of saber rattling, a good read. The iM616/716 issue, and the Paris Expo link can be found there as well.

Personally, I think there is more of a difference between the iM616 and iM716 than the color and lack of a pod.

OK- I looked it up-
1) Here is the 'Gone with the Wind' thread, Old Dave, OP:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ght=Dave+iM716

2) here the Apple Paris Expo article:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...paris-edition/

3) and here is a review by PCMag (link to iM616 included):
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1897754,00.asp

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #70 of 80
I own the im716 and i can tell you that they have more detail than the im616 but have more ohms so i'd recommend using an amp if you could. They sound alot like the ER-4P but cost half as much however AL isn't selling filters for them anymore so they are a use and throwaway iem at the moment and i don't recommend to anyone that you buy them anymore i would look at the er6i or UM1 for alternatives

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #71 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own the im716 and i can tell you that they have more detail than the im616 but have more ohms so i'd recommend using an amp if you could. They sound alot like the ER-4P but cost half as much however AL isn't selling filters for them anymore so they are a use and throwaway iem at the moment and i don't recommend to anyone that you buy them anymore i would look at the er6i or UM1 for alternatives

u can actually diy the filter
etysmile.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #72 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
etysmile.gif

how do would I do that?
I just had the filters replaced on my im616 and noticed that AL isn't selling the filters anymore
frown.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #73 of 80
Recently purchase IM716 really like it, well everytime burn in the drive seem change a bit and For the first hour on my ear seem this iem is not bass at all then after an hour change slightly...unique...good item

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #74 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
etysmile.gif

If you could please give a tutorial on doing this i would be over joyed because im basically stuck until i figure out how to do it also give materials and tool needed if you can
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back