Altec lansing
Aug 10, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm using the altec lansing ada890, which is probably about 15 years old! It's a 4.1 set, however I'm only using the front speakers and subwoofer. It does not sound right using surround (dolby digital) and i don't know where to put the surround speakers anyway. It's connect to my pc using the digital connection (spdif coax). This way it sounds absolutely fantastic imho.
I'm still very happy with it! :)

Aug 12, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 10
Anyone here had or used this brand for their computer? How was it especially its sound quality?
I've used Altec Lansing in the past and thought they make fairly decent speakers.

Aug 13, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 10
AL used to be a very common computer speaker brand, modestly priced with OK sound for the time. Dell OEM'd their line. I had them as company provided office speakers for years. Are they even making computer speakers any more?

They had a few premium models as I recall, sold very few of them.

Their typical inexpensive and OEM models can be found at garage sales now for $2, free if you wait till the end of the day to do your shopping. :money_mouth: Buying them used you do have to figure that the paper cones and foam surrounds will likely have deteriorated.

Aug 16, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #9 of 10
The original Altec Lansing loudspeakers were made in the USA and used in studios, stadiums, and theaters (including the 'Voice of the Theater' speakers). The Lansing in Altec Lansing was the same guy that founded the James B. Lansing company (JBL).

2-A5-VOTTs-.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back