Altec Lansing UHP336 vs Bose Triport In-Ear
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 22
To the OP it is most likely a seal issue. UE has a video describing the process of getting a good seal. Take a look at it.

If you are used to boomy bass you will find most high-end gear won't be what you are used to bass wise.

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you can do anything to the marshmallows or the Fx66 air to make them even close to an SF3. The bass on those is boomy and unrefined.

If that is what you think that is good bass then stay away from high end audio that produces real bass. Your wallet will be very happy.
biggrin.gif

good call.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then the UhP336 and ultimate ears are just not for you then, since Ultimate Ears signature frequencies are the highs. try something else, like westone, shure, of klipsch. They're all slightly warmer sounding IEm's compared to UE, especially Klipsch.

Shoot, didn't express myself clear enough. I do own them, use them and like them. But the treble could extend a bit higher for me, since it's there, but just a nuance of it. Enough to guess there is something there, but not enough to make cymbals etc. sound really good. Otherwise I love the SF3.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shoot, didn't express myself clear enough. I do own them, use them and like them. But the treble could extend a bit higher for me, since it's there, but just a nuance of it. Enough to guess there is something there, but not enough to make cymbals etc. sound really good. Otherwise I love the SF3.

Well...you only own the super fi 3. the 5 and triple fi are there for a reason =)

Jan 14, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...you only own the super fi 3. the 5 and triple fi are there for a reason =)

haha, ya. I'll have to get one of these soon..

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, ya. I'll have to get one of these soon..

or you could look in to some other brands, like Westone, Klipsch, Shure, Jays, stuff like that =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back