Altec Lansing im716 finally available
Nov 27, 2005 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenneth11zz
Thanks Alien. Let's hope there are some good improvements over the Ety ER-4P with this new IEM. Specially the vocal sound more full and warm instead of a bit thin.

-Kenneth

I wonder what ety is thinking if 716 is an improved version of er4, if not a comparable version of er4. The price tag of 716 is much cheaper than er4!
confused.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by janos
I wonder what ety is thinking if 716 is an improved version of er4, if not a comparable version of er4. The price tag of 716 is much cheaper than er4!
confused.gif

Ahh... that's an excellent question. That will depends on how much Ety profitted from the venture. As a consumer, all we care is an improved version of 4P/S with an affordable price. *wink*

Kenneth

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #19 of 22
Ordered a pair this morning for my dad for Christmas. He likes the sound of my E4P but is a little put off by the looks.

These look a little more plain. I will be "testing" them before giving them to him and I will let you know.

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
Ordered a pair this morning for my dad for Christmas. He likes the sound of my E4P but is a little put off by the looks.

These look a little more plain. I will be "testing" them before giving them to him and I will let you know.

Any news? Can't wait to know how they compare to the ER4-p

Dec 15, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenneth11zz
While we are waiting for sno1man to write an impression, PC Magazine have a positive review for the im716. What nice about this IEM is that it have an in-line module that you swtich between Bass Boost or HD.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1897754,00.asp

Kenneth

Yep, I had read it. What concerns me is that the guy wrote that for casual listening they are harsh. I wonder what type of music he was listening when he tested them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back