Altec Lansing IM616 $39.99 shipped(SOLD OUT??10-19-07)
Oct 26, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #91 of 106
I'm so confused with the Altec Lansing IM. It says its basically Ety... yet its not? Is it a branch off from Ety or are they ripping Ety's technology. I find it strange that their big thing is "were just like this other brand".

Oct 26, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #93 of 106
Mine finally shipped.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yay.

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #96 of 106
If you ordered at 39.99, they will ship. They have them back in stock, at $77.99. So they do have them. If they stiff you, I would make a major complaint, because they should honor their price.

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #97 of 106
Mine came today. Not bad for $40. I had to put the foam tips on. They sounded horrible without them.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #99 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did you buy them, since you already have the Etys? Just curious.

I thought that for what they cost, why not give them a try? I was also curious about how they would sound compared to my 4Ps and 6is.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #101 of 106
Well, got the im616s today, and they sound pretty darn good, especially at this price point (thanks Buy.com!). With a little EQing, the bass is decent and very tight, and they sound a little richer than the ER4Ps, from what I can remember. A perfect Ety-based addition to my humble collection, which for now is complete.

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #103 of 106
Wow for my first good quality earphones they sound amazing so much detail makes me enjoy the bus ride so much more.When I Listen to rap/hip pop the bass sometimes suck but with the eq on bass and the foamies they sound great.These really shine with classical and other music with a lot of instruments like merengue and such.Also the postal service left my package in front of my door step so anybody could steal them I'm thinking about claiming I never received them lol.My next step is to now get some good headphones dam you Head Fi.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #104 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by civictyper16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow for my first good quality earphones they sound amazing so much detail makes me enjoy the bus ride so much more.When I Listen to rap/hip pop the bass sometimes suck but with the eq on bass and the foamies they sound great.These really shine with classical and other music with a lot of instruments like merengue and such.Also the postal service left my package in front of my door step so anybody could steal them I'm thinking about claiming I never received them lol.My next step is to now get some good headphones dam you Head Fi.

you fell for it, it's a gateway headphone
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #105 of 106
Now I need to find extra foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back