Altec Lansing 5100
Sep 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sebaslegrand

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

I'm currently working on a huge computer build and after many hours of research, I find the Altec Lansing 5100 speakers to be just what I'm looking for, but... I can't find them ANYWHERE. I have looked everywhere for hours, in every store I could think of, and mostly on the internet on every website possible, on google, name it, I did it... There's just none left! I can't believe there isn't one set somewhere! Anybody know where I can get them, or for a similar price, something similar or better for music purposes (Rock, Metal, classical, Jazz). I have a pair of Altec Lansing's and am VERY pleased with the quality and cheap price of this brand, I absolutely love how my musical style sounds so amazing in them.

Thanks ! :)

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 3
Music you are far better off with a quality 2.0/2.1 set up and for nearfield T-amps and decent bookshelf speakers are pretty much affordable even when compared to boxed PC Speakers whilst being far more musical 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 3
+1 to trog's comment. For music, you have a better chance of getting something that will work if its a 2.0 or 2.1 setup. I've never been blown listening to music on a 5.1 system mostly because the sattelites are so small and the woofer so huge. 5.1 is best left to movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back