ALT-R Impressions Thread - Custom Handmade Leather Cases
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gLer

No DD, no DICE
Hey guys, I've been closely following the progress of this new custom handmade leather case company, ALT-R, on Insta, for a while now.

Keen to learn more about these products, and get impressions from other users. Please post your own ALT-R case and accessory impressions here.

IMG-20240328-WA0040.jpg

I've reserved the post below for my own impressions, and additional information I come across.

PS. Kudos to @Visveswaran Umashankar for following his passion and living the dream! 😎

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks @gLer for creating this thread!
I have started following Alt-R impressive designs and craftmanship ever since @gadgetgod posted his YouTube videos (in 4 parts) interviewing @Visveswaran Umashankar (Vishy).
In fact, after several video calls with Vishy, I am going to order a custom case from him!!
Cannot wait to start looking through the leather choices and making my commitment :smiley:

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 4
I was pleasantly surprised to find a booth at Singapore Can Jam 2024 from ALT-R selling sturdy leather cases, from small ones for IEMs, to mid-sized ones for DAPs, to even large cases for full-sized cans and amps.

Bag_2.jpg

And these are real leather cases, not those "leatherette" or PVC types which are dime-a-dozen.

This shop is the brainchild of Visveswaran Umashankar from India (on the right with our esteemed reviewer @gadgetgod on the left who flew in for Singapore Can Jam on the left!). ALT-R even does customized cases should you wish for, and some Can Jam participants actually placed custom orders today.

Bag.jpg

Anyway, I managed to get a DAP case, as I have actually been searching for something like this for some time. The case comes with many divider inserts, with a huge carrying pouch, and some smaller pouches and cushions. Outside is hard and rigid, while the internals are soft as silk with all areas lined by velvet.

It is quite spacious internally, and even for this DAP-sized case, it can fit a Sony WM1A + dongles and IEMs easily.

ALT-R_4.jpg
ALT-R_3.jpg
ALT-R_2.jpg
ALT-R_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back