Alright I've been researching and need a little help
Aug 3, 2005 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
Ok I am buying a new amp (portable or not it doesn't matter as I plan to try my hand at some DIYs in the fall). Anyways, I have Alessandro MS1s and listen to mostly rock, and I love bass. I have the ability to buy a pimeta for $80 from the FS forum, or I coudl go for a Z-audio epsilon, or the the electric avenues pocket amp. I've heard great things about the pimeta but how would it compare to the other two? Like would it be that much better than the epsilon? Or would the epsilon be sort of comparable but also then portable. I've opted against getting a cmoy as I'm goign to build one just for the heck of it later on for portable use so like i said, i can live without portability as the MS1s sound decent out of my mp3 player and I listen mostly at my computer anyways. ***Edit*** or should I maybe look into the little dot II (or II depending on when it comes out) or the little dot micro one that is supposed to be fairly cheap. I'd assume the other 4 are better than the micro but have no clue on how the tubes on the LDII would sound as I've never tried a tube amp.

Aug 4, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 6
If it's a descent Pimeta, $80 seems like a good deal. You may also want to look at an Apheared 47, which works really well with Grados/Alessandros - You could build one yourself fairly easily or buy one such as the Twinstarr Black.

Aug 4, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the Electric Avenues PAV2 and I love it. The batteries last and last and last
biggrin.gif
. I do not have any other amplifer to compare but there is a big diference with the amp vs using the ipod/cd headphone jack. I also like the fact the PAV2 is so tiny. Good luck.

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 6
Don't forget about the go-vibe! It has the ability to roll op-amps, meaning you can tailor the sound to the equipment you use. But it's a bit more expensive, but still under $100USD.

Aug 4, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Been trolling here for a while. I have found links to Z-Audio and Shellbrook. Anyone else got some handy links to portable amps for purchase? I know of the HeadRoom amps. Thanks!

EDIT
Nevermind...I found this:
Complete Portable List

Users who are viewing this thread

Back