Alright, I screwed up...need replacement pads for my PC350.
Feb 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mkilbride

Head-Fier
So...this happened awhile ago, and I just kind of let it go...anyways. I had some cream around my neck for some stuff, and it got on my ear pads. I forgot about it til I put them on. Gently tried to wipe it off...got stuck in the padding itself.

So I decided to...soak it in hot water...then violently wash the pads in an effort to get it out. Needless to say, this didn't result in good things...also, for some reason the headset makes me really itchy and uncomfortable, despite fitting nicely, I don't know why. Maybe the pads, or so?

I mean it's a quality headset, HD595 drivers, nice mic, solid build. Anyways, after my recent awesome customer support from Logitech, I decided hey, maybe I can contact Sennheiser and get some replacement pads...free! I mean Logitech shipped me a whole new mouse at the drop of a email...

My Warranty just ran out...like literally less than a month ago, so I figure why bother the nice people. So I googled replacement pads...hrm. I was wondering if people knew where to get some? I hear HD595 pads might fit, but got no definite answer on that.

Also, the PC350 uses Vinyl for the headpads...is that maybe the source of my discomfort, perhaps the Velour of the 595's would better suit me? I'd like some answers from experts. Thank you.

Can we keep prices realistic, too, please?

I mean I'm seeing prices of up to 40-50$ for replacement 350 pads...I am NOT willing to pay that, as that's absolutely absurd!

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Get some plasti-dip and coat the pads with it.
Rubber earpads, w00t!

No idea how that will affect comfort.  I patched up my disintegrating 7509HD's pads that way, lol, but just bits and parts, not entire earpads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back