Alright guys, I've decided to save up for a Darth Beyer.
May 29, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
Who listens to lyrics?

I do.

rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

The bass on the HD650s blew all the other headphones away(using my bass settings)
It wowed all the attendees.

I am sure it did
biggrin.gif
Seriously though, is that how you prefer to listen to your music most/all the time?
eek.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #21 of 33
as the OP asked, anyone have any experience w/ the black velour pads? I was thinking about switching them up and going with the bloodwood...

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Plus the HD650 is considered a more refined can over the 770s by pretty much everyone who has owned both.

Dude, ur just asking for fewtch (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) to come in here and beat you down with his Beyers
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #23 of 33
The OP stated that he wanted a closed phone

So a hd-650 isn't the best recommendation

I believe the general consensus is that the 770's and some AT's are the best closed headphones.

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #24 of 33
the darth beyer is way better for rap/hip-hop than the hd650. however i find that is about all it is good for to me.

i am now preferring leather or naugahyde(not pleather mind you) on all my fons because they increase the bass by increasing the seal. well really white cats white birds and black velure is a mess,lol.

put k240 pads on the darth beyers and don't turn them up to loud or you might explode your noggen!

music_man.

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 33
Make sure to ask how much the darth beyers actually isolate, because I know that there have been several members in this forum that have bought closed earcups for their senns looking for isolation and then complained about the lack of isolation that these brought them.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #26 of 33
Ack, I'm getting a bit impatient. Perhaps I'll just buy a DT770/80 and then upgrade it later? How does that sound? Also, Larry sells it for $165 if you purchase it with upgrades, so if I do buy it first then upgrade it, I don't want to get a worse deal than that. What do you guys think about that?

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #27 of 33
you can get much better deals by buying used. THere were a slew of darth beyers on the forums, perhaps search and see if any of them didn't sell

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #28 of 33
They sold. It's kind of funny, one was exactly what I want, but with a cable upgrade. But even if they weren't sold, I'd have to wait a couple weeks to get the money I'd need to buy them with. That's why I'm considering to just buy the unmodded DT770/80 first. Anyone know the best deal on them?

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #29 of 33
Nobody knows the best deal on DT770/80s besides the FS forum? Hmm, I don't want to make a new thread, but of course I don't like when I don't receive any responses to something so simple.

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #30 of 33
On ebay, you can look for auctions by guitarinsider. They sometimes have DT770/80s up for bidding, but they always have buy-it-now auctions where you can also make a best offer. I've read that some headfi members have had best offers of $140 or so accepted. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back