Already have a Sennhiser HD600 + good soundcard, now I need an office friendly version (has to sound at least as good), advice required.
Oct 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Artemix

New Head-Fier
Title, mostly.

I got the HD600 + Asus Essence STX II, and the headphones sound great, and at work I have really crappy ones plus a generic sound card.

So I'm looking for a good alternative I can wear at work, they can't be open headphones I guess.

What would sound at least as good as that?.

I was thinking on having something like HD650 + amp? since I doubt I can modify my work PC and change the sound card.. nor I think is a good idea.

Open to suggestions, I don't care about spending some extra money, since its something I use everyday, it is an investment.

Thanks!.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 25
  So I'm looking for a good alternative I can wear at work, they can't be open headphones I guess.
---
I was thinking on having something like HD650 + amp? since I doubt I can modify my work PC and change the sound card.. nor I think is a good idea.

Are you considering the HD650? Because those are open headphones. Or do you mean what you want is a closed headphone that sounds like the HD650?

One option is the Focal Spirit One, which sounds like wearing the HD650 a little bit tight. Note though that the area of the opening in the Focal earpads is more cramped than the Sennheisers'.

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #8 of 25
I dont care that much about cost, I want them to sound as similar as possible to the HD600's I have right now.
If you don't care about cost get the Ether C's and you will wonder why you liked the 600's.

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #9 of 25
I've heard it said that the Beyerdynamic DT150 is as close as you'll get to the HD 650 in a closed can. You'll probably need an amp to go with them though.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #13 of 25
Why do you say "bluetooth headphones" like if they were garbage?.

Those Sennheisers seem to be god enough to care about a decent sound source.

No one likes elitit pricks :)

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #14 of 25
Bluetooth is very poor when it comes to sound quality. They're not "garbage" but they're far from audiophile.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #15 of 25
  Why do you say "bluetooth headphones" like if they were garbage?.

Those Sennheisers seem to be god enough to care about a decent sound source.

No one likes elitit pricks :)

That's not what I meant :). As far as I know bluetooth headphones do not utilize DAC and AMP of the system you use and utilize their own builtin DAC. That's why it doesn't matter what type of DAC/AMP you have in your work PC as bluetooth headphones will sound the same on all PCs. You need good source only if you'll utilize the headphones in wired mode through 3.5mm connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back